Posts

Showing posts with the label Name

What's My Name's Hidden Meaning???Maria Ruby!!

Image
I got this tag from my new found friend online, Marites.
thanks a lot for this tag...well I find this interesting....Almost are true (around 90% maybe hehehe) but some are not (guess the remaining 10%) !! I hope I can explain it further next time when I feel perfectly okey!! You are usually the best at everything!!! great!!, as said below, might be the reason why this blog is simply named SIMPLY THE BEST!!!

Hope to visit you next time again!! still feeling better but not so okey!! I went to my doctor today and have a check-up..will be back again on Friday to know the results of the blood examinations..Take care everyone!!!

Any friends linkies can grab this!!



What Maria Ruby Means




You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated.
You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want.
You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way!

You are usually the best at everythi…

History of Saint Valentine

Image
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL MY BLOGGER FRIENDS,
VIEWERS, READERS AND COMMENTATORS!!
I really appreciate all your visits here!!
Please always feel free to leave comments and messages!!
My deepest apology if I cannot visit you one by one
but if given the chance
and time, I always wanted to!!!
Thank you very much for your patient and understanding!!




St. ValentinePatron of Love, Young People, Happy Marriages
269


St. Valentine
Valentine was a holy priest in Rome, who, with St. Marius and his family, assisted the martyrs in the persecution under Claudius II. He was apprehended, and sent by the emperor to the prefect of Rome, who, on finding all his promises to make him renounce his faith in effectual, commended him to be beaten with clubs, and afterwards, to be beheaded, which was executed on February 14, about the year 270. Pope Julius I is said to have built a church near Ponte Mole to he memory, which for a long time gave name to the gate now called Porta del Popolo, formerly, Porta Valetini. T…

What's in A Name?

Names today are just labels. Parents give their children strange and unique names, names that the children later don't like to be called by. Nicknames often replace the given names to avoid using those embarrassing ones given at birth! And so we have many elderly men who are still called "Boy" and elderly matrons who are called "Baby".
During Jesus' time, a name expressed the child's future task in life. Today, the Church still urges Catholic parents to give their children the name of a saint. The life of this saint can become a model for the child. The child also has one to whom he can pray.
When Zechariah was told by Gabriel that he and his wife would have a son, he was told to name him John which means "God is gracious." John was to prepare the people for the coming of the Messiah, telling them that God is gracious by sending the Savior. Mary and Joseph were also told to name their child Jesus which means "God saves." The name of J…