I might visit US this month..To make it sure, I consulted the US website in Germany for reliable informations..well, I can travel visa-free now. I can finally visit my sister there...see yah soon sistah..miz yah!!
Below are some important informations to travel in the United States...
Who must apply for a visa?
The Visa Waiver Program
Attention: As of May 1, 2006, holders of German temporary or emergency passports who intend to travel to or through the United States must either obtain a valid, machine-readable regular German passport for Visa Waiver Program travel or apply for a U.S. visa to travel to the United States.
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) permits visa free travel to the US, if you are a citizen of one of the following countries and the conditions mentioned beneath apply to you.
the United Kingdom
Summary of guidelines for visa waiver travelers (pdf)
• You are travelling for business, pleasure or transit only.
• Your intended stay in the US does not exceed 90 days.
• You must hold a valid return or onward ticket. Onward tickets may not end in Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean.
• You will enter the US aboard an air or sea carrier that has agreed to participate in the program. This applies to most airlines and shipping companies (Private or official aircraft or vessels do not meet this requirement). You will need a visa if your carrier is not a participant.
Important Information for Travellers on the Visa Waiver Program
The Visa Waiver Program applies for the United States of America including Puerto Rico, Guam and the US-Virgin Islands.
After entering the US you may travel to Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean within 90 days and re-enter the US using any mode of transport. You may also enter the US without a visa traveling from Canada or Mexico for up to 90 days (please note that there will be a $6.00 fee, payable only in US dollars). You will have to show financial proof to finance your trip at the port of entry.
Persons who enter the US on VWP then make side trips must retain their green I-94w card until the final exit from the U.S.. This is especially important if they plan to re-enter the U.S. from their side-trip using a non-signatory aircraft or boat. (If they re-enter by land or with a signatory carrier, they can just do a new I-94w, but if they return from the sidetrip by private boat, they're in trouble unless they have retained their valid I-94w from the original admission.)
Please do not apply for a visa, if your travel plans meet the VWP requirements.
You will then simply have to fill in a short form on board of the air or sea carrier.
However, please note that the following travellers will need a visa in any case:
• People, who intend to work in the US (paid or unpaid!). This includes work as an au-pair or intern.
• People who intend to stay in the US for more than 90 days.
• People who intend to attend school or university in the US.
• People who have been refused admission into, or have been deported from the US within the past five years.
• People who have ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime (including drug trafficking).
• People who have been afflicted with a serious communicable disease, or who are drug abusers or addicts.
• People who have participated in the persecution of any person under the control of the Nazi Government of Germany.
• People who have ever been a member or representative of a terrorist organization.
• People holding a blue German travel document (Fremdenpass).
If any of the above applies to you, you are not eligible for the Visa Waiver Program and will need a visa to enter the US. Please call the following number for further information:
Visa Information Service
• Live Service: 0900 1-850055 (EUR 1.86/Min from a German landline - additional charges may apply from mobile phones). 7am to 8pm, Monday - Friday.
• Credit Card Service for applicants from outside of Germany and callers who cannot access 0900 numbers: +49 (0)9131-772-2270. EUR 15 per call, MasterCard and Visa accepted. 7am to 8pm, Monday - Friday.
Last updated: October 2006
“Sponsored post. All opinions are mine.” I can't imagine that weekend is almost ending! And yes, it is the last weekend of the Janu...
I believed I am already a successful travel blogger. Having been to over 30 countries and still counting, there are some things you must con...
I am officially back to the blogosphere! The great vacation is over and I have to accept the fact that I am back to reality now. It was over...
I just wondered about my Rankwidgets today especially my Alexa Traffic rank which is now 6.977,299..The last days, it was Rank Number 12...