A staple of any wardrobe is a sturdy, stylish, and fun belt. While belts are designed with the purpose of keeping jeans where they are meant to sit, they have come to be a much more diverse aspect of fashion, and sometimes are not quite used for their intended purpose at all. Western belts are particularly distinctive and add a bit of country flair to any outfit, from the chic to the casual.
Styles of Western Belt
Although many people would instantly recognize a western style belt the moment they saw it, they might not realize just what about the belt makes it “western.” There are in fact, many unique elements that are particular to western clothing, and belts can display one or more of them at a time. Some of the hallmarks of these belts include:
- Full leather construction with stamped patterns
- Colorful embroidery or beadwork
- Large, Concho style buckles
- Rhinestones patterns or metal studs
- Carved leather designs
Although accessories are small aspects of an outfit in terms of size, they make a big impression. Adding the right shoes, handbag, and of course belt to a person’s daily fashion choice completes their look. With the right selection of western belts, help a look to pop for any occasion. For example:
- Formal – Black and silver are part of a common formal color palette, and a beautifully crafted western belt can make a simple black dress a country gown. Pair this look with large, chandelier earring or plenty of sparkling jewelry to emphasize the face and neck.
- Work attire – A solid selection of dressy belts is the perfect way to compliment almost any work wardrobe. A blouse and simple skirt plus a brown belt with plenty of bling adds a simple kind of country charm to a work outfit, as long as the company dress code is semi-casual.
- Casual wear – There is no better combination than a great fitting pair of jeans and a favorite western belt. A simple stamped pattern is discrete and playful at the same time so that an everyday look gets a little something special too.
- Special occasion – Dressing for a party or night on the town is a ritual many women would love to shorten, which is why having some great belts is essential. Add a fancy belt to a boring outfit for a great look on the fly, or add a little extra pizzazz to a new dress or romper with a stylish western belt.